Three best friends sharing their joys and struggles with mommy-hood, food, and fitness.

Monday, January 5, 2015

Meet the Besties

Welcome to our page! We met in 2009 while taking education classes at Southern Utah University. We became very close, very quickly, and have been the best of friends ever since. We all graduated together with our bachelors degrees in Elementary Education in May of 2012. Through crafting, cooking, pregnancies, and other adventures, we have gained a love and respect for each other. We have supported each other through babies, financial struggles, spiritual questions, and moves. The sister-hood we have with each other is precious! We each have strong testimonies of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and our divine, God-given roles as wives and mothers. This blog is a way for us to share our talents, abilities, ideas, advice, and beliefs with a larger audience.

Our yearly get together July 2014
Jessica: I am 29 years old (the self-proclaimed 'grandma' of the group!) and have been married for 5 1/2 years. We have two little girls (ages 4 and 1 1/2) and I am a fitness-guru-wannabe! I love to workout and eat healthy, though neither comes without its struggles! I in no way claim to be a professional on any subject, I just love to learn and apply. I love running and high intensity interval training (HIIT).  I ran my first half-marathon in September of 2014 and am signed up for another in 2015! I work away from home part-time and am learning to live a healthy lifestyle regardless of my situation. I love music, trying new recipes, organizing (though I have a lot of work to do!), and making people laugh and smile. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I know it. I live it. I love it. This year I am going to work on making my relationship with Christ be intertwined with everything I do (fitness and all). I hope I can help inspire even just one person through this blog.
photo cred: Nicole Christiansen Photography

Andrea: Hi friends! I am a proud Mormon (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints), wife to an amazing, hard working man, and mommy to 2 wonderful kids. My daughter is almost 3 and my son is 7 months old. I have always loved to cook and eat, so food and recipes will be my main contribution to our blog. Growing up in a Cuban family, get-togethers were not complete without a lot of food. I loved it! I have a passion for healthy and delicious meals and I'm excited to share that with you. I also have a weakness for treats so you'll get some of that as well! I have always wanted to start a food blog but I have been hesitant. With the 3 of us together it is a perfect way to get all of our interests in one place and do it together. 

Photo cred: Rachel Angela Photography

Kayla:  Hey! I'm a mama of two beautiful girls, a two year old and a newborn.  They pretty much rule my life right now.  My husband is in pharmacy school, which is a blessing as well as a struggle, since he's at school most of the day, but we're surviving. We are survivors! I love to spend time creating with my daughter and I hope to do a better job of following through with my ideas for fun this year.  I also have developed a new talent and love of digital scrapbooking. It is such a fun way to put all the pictures I take of my girls to use. I'll be the first to admit that I am a camera mom, it's always out and ready to snap those memories!  I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and because of that I am a better wife, mom, and person, and am always striving to become better.
 Photo cred: Natalie Doxey Photography


No comments:

Post a Comment